Home / Create the Legend / 31 Day Challenge / 31 Days to Become a Legend Day 10: Dominate the College Diet
31 Days to Become a Legend Day 10: Dominate the College Diet

Share
Cham­pi­oned by: Scott
Co-authored by: Nevin

DAY 10: Develop a Leg­endary Eat­ing Phi­los­o­phy and Take Con­trol of Your Col­lege Diet

Col­lege — where the pounds you gain are not free, but easy-coming and plentiful. 

Finally out on our own and all the fast food in the world to sat­isfy the appetite; and then hey, why not throw in the caloric equiv­a­lent to liq­uid loaves of bread (beer) and an elixir of skit­tles (liquor).*

We’re hop­ing you can curb the extra weight before your love’s han­dle (pun intended) can’t con­trol it anymore.

Your body oper­ates just like a car engine, the higher qual­ity of sub­stance you put into it, the larger out­put it can produce.

Are you look­ing for a few easy tips that can get you results fast? Here you go:

1. First, Take Your Cur­rent Nutri­tion Sta­tus Into Consideration

Wellness Resize 300x250 31 Days to Become a Legend Day 10: Dominate the College Diet

2. Avoid Late Night Eating

Think about it, when you go to sleep your whole body slows down, includ­ing your metabolism.

Neon Drive Through Resize 300x293 31 Days to Become a Legend Day 10: Dominate the College Diet

Most of the food con­sumed after hours isn’t fully digested when you’re awake, so what does your body do with it? It stores it as energy, or fat. Chal­lenge your­self to have your last con­sump­tion 4 hours before bed time, but at the least 2 hours. It’s okay to give in 1 or 2 nights of the week, but if you stick to your 4 hour limit, you’ll notice a change within 2 weeks.

Side rant: if you are a fre­quenter of fast food joints, try to stick with the “health­ier” options. For exam­ple, Chipo­tle is much bet­ter for you than McDonald’s. And on that note — go watch Super Size Me right now, it helps me stay away from fast food (unless of course I was on a desert island and it was my last option).

SEE ALSO: 5 Diet and Nutri­tion Guide­lines every col­lege stu­dent should know.

3. Also, Be Mind­ful About Your Car­bo­hy­drate Intake

Carbohydrates Resize 300x212 31 Days to Become a Legend Day 10: Dominate the College Diet

4. Start Cooking 

We know that some­times cook­ing isn’t prac­ti­cal in col­lege, but it really makes a dif­fer­ence. Even more so, the kitchen can be intim­i­dat­ing if you’re a “microwave and ramen/easy mac per­son”, so don’t put gourmet pres­sure on yourself.

Start off nice and easy; and use food net­work or Google to search for “easy, but deli­cious ad manly food recipes” or “best col­lege stu­dent cook­ing recipes”. Besides, the fastest way to a woman’s heart is through mas­ter­ful chef prowess, so why not start learning?

Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Resize 300x212 31 Days to Become a Legend Day 10: Dominate the College Diet

We actu­ally had the Lady in Red put together an easy, “manly-meal” that’s very healthy for you: Buf­falo Chicken Quinoa

SEE ALSO: The Leg­endary Home­made Smoothie for an easy-to-make and deli­cious meal replace­ment (or post-workout pro­tein shake)

5. Get Some Support 

If your friends aren’t of the health­i­est crop, then it’s time to seek out a new friend for your circle.

To bet­ter illus­trate — check out this arti­cle: Become a Leg­end Tip 4: Choose Your Friends Wisely

Superhero Team Resize 300x212 31 Days to Become a Legend Day 10: Dominate the College Diet

Uti­lize the Leg­endary Collegian’s nutri­tional con­sul­tants and arti­cles to assist you with this plan. We can offer more per­son­al­ized or in-depth advice upon your request. Also, be sure to have one cheat day a week added in to indulge in all of the beer, pizza, ham­burg­ers, and Waf­fle House you can handle.

Over the next month, be on the look­out for your new chal­lenge every day — you can also fol­low the updated series of posts here.

Also, be sure to print out and hang up your Chal­lenge Check­list so you can keep track. You’ll get a sneak peak at what’s to come, but can get fur­ther details with the post asso­ci­ated with each day.

The 31 Day Chal­lenge Checklist

Remem­ber, leg­ends are con­stantly improv­ing them­selves, so it’s up to you to work hard in accom­plish­ing each daily task to help you become the leg­end on your campus.

Good Luck!

*Com­ment intended for those of legal drink­ing age, the Leg­endary Col­le­gian does not con­done under­age drink­ing — the Leg­endary Col­le­gian reminds you to drink responsibly.

Any favorite col­lege recipes out there? How about favorite cheat day meals? We want to hear about them. Please keep us updated on your efforts in the com­ments below!